Group Games For Seniors
Staying active is a vital part of a senior’s life. Here are three of the top group games seniors love.
Best Games For Seniors
- Line Dancing
Below, we will go over all of the great health benefits associated with these activities.
Shuffleboard remains one of the most popular group games for seniors today. Because of its competitive yet lighthearted nature, shuffleboard is a perfect activity for active seniors. The game is over once a player hits a score of 15, but some larger games can be played up to 21. Each player, alternating turns, slides four weights across the opponents’ board. Slide your weights into the area with the highest available points. Players are allowed to knock off opposing weights in an effort to protect their current spots and scores.
- Increases heart rate.
- Decreases stress simultaneously.
- Workout for various muscle groups.
A minimum of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise is recommended for all adults. An easy way to hit this quota is by participating in line dancing classes or groups. Line dancing is great for heart health and will, of course, keep dancers healthy and in shape. Some may be intimated at the thought of dancing, but line dancing is actually recommended for beginners.
- Improved stamina, balance and posture.
- Lowers stress.
- Lowers risk of diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and high blood pressure.
For lovers of indoors or outdoors, yoga is the perfect group activity. Yoga has been proven to be a highly effective practice for seniors, especially. Comprised of controlled body stretches and positions, yoga has a goal of physical and mental well-being. For anyone looking to find a deep spiritual tranquility, daily yoga is recommended. Yoga is, indeed, a great activity for the body and soul.
- Weight loss.
- More balanced metabolism.
- Lowers blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Increased strength, flexibility and balance.
Memory Care At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016