Transitioning to life at an independent living facility comes with many benefits. Here are four reasons why choosing independent living could work best for your lifestyle.
Independent Living Advantages
Here is a brief list of advantages of independent living communities:
- Social interaction
- Meal plans
- Maintenance-free lifestyle
Human interaction and a variety of activities are not two things you have to give up when moving to an independent living community. In fact, most communities will boost your chances for socialization. Facilities offer a wide array of daily activities, destined to spark your interest. Whether it is a yoga class, exercise routine or even a musical act, all residents will find something enjoyable to do throughout the day. You may be living independently, but it certainly will feel like a community setting.
Prioritizing those trips to the grocery store and preparing food on a nightly basis is something most people won’t mind letting go of. Independent communities will take care of you with a wide variety of meal and snack plans. They also know just how important proper nutrition is for seniors. Have meal plans and/or services tailored to your specific needs. A lot of independent communities will employ dietitians who can help you feel your best with an ideal food plan just for you.
What’s better than a combination of freedom and safety when you reach a certain age? Inside your home, you can do whatever you’d like and that also applies to the remainder of the facility. Most independent communities have many safety features installed, such as security cameras, gates and access control systems. It is the goal of every independent community to make sure residents are happy, healthy and safe at all times.
One thing senior citizens/retirees could do without is constant maintenance concerns. It’s one of the main reasons many people leave their homes for an independent living community. You will no longer have to worry about how high the grass is growing or trimming the bushes. In-home maintenance concerns are now a thing of the past, as well. Let the facilities’ staff take care of any pesky checks or repairs. Most independent communities will feature 24/7 maintenance staffs. Say goodbye to those costly maintenance bills forever!
Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
So, why would one choose to live at an independent community over an assisted community? At independent facilities, the focus is on convenience and an active lifestyle, while assisted facilities are all about support and care. Independent living arrangements give you much more room, with housing spread out throughout the property. This is certainly not the case with assisted living. With the emphasis not on medical care within an independent community, this means the overall living costs are much less.
Independent Living Cost
According to Elmcroft, the average cost of independent living is $3,750 per month, with a range of $1,500 to $6,000 in the U.S.
Independent Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for an independent living facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our independent living page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016