25 Tips for Looking Younger – For Seniors 50+
The aging process itself has a lot to do with the way you look. For instance people tell us all the time how they feel “old” and how the process of aging has got them feeling down about themselves and wonder how they can look young again. We put together a quick list of 25 tips for seniors on how to look younger at age 50+, or at least feel younger inside.
25 Tips for Seniors To Look Young Again At Age 50+:
- Anti-aging is a myth and is not possible! Save your money on cosmetics, these products will not reverse your age. There is no current way to reverse a person’s age other than the fountain of youth, which has a waiting line by the way!
- Spend your money on something that will bring purpose and happiness in your life! For example: Vacations, delicious food, helping family members etc…
- People who smile and look happy tend to look younger. People who make angry faces all the time develop wrinkles faster than those who smile. Smile lines are okay, it’s a great sign that you are a happy person.
- White Teeth. When your teeth are whiter is gives the impression of a younger person. Stains on your teeth develop overtime and the whiter your teeth are the younger you look. Find teeth whitening products to remove those yellow stains.
- Clothing Styles. The style of clothing you wear has a lot to do with how old you look. Certain styles of clothes have gone out of fashion and can make someone look older than they really are. Even 20+ year old people can look older just by the style of clothes they are wearing and how those clothes fit.
- Tight Fitting Clothes – Clothes that fit you right make you look younger. Choose fitted styles of clothing over ill-fitted types.
- V-Neck Shirts – V-neck shirts make your neckline look more flattering and youthful.
- Cotton Jeans – Don’t wear those stretchy fiber jeans because they do not hold shape. Stretchy fabric creates dimples. Try to find jeans that are mostly cotton only a small percent of spandex or elastane.
- Undergarments – The correct fitting bra will take 10 years off of your appearance. Bra’s that don’t fit right will give you an invisible waistline and give you odd looking posture.
- Bright Colors – Rich or bright colors will instantly take years away from your appearance, especially by the face. Black colors are perfect for slimming. Add more color with accessories.
- In-Style Shoes – Wear shoes that are in style and not bulky. Heavy soled shoes or boots is a sure fire way to look older quickly.
- Shoes With a Heal – Heeled shoes are more youthful for style and posture reasons.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Everyone should be doing this by the way. Drink water as soon as you get out of bed. It will give your skin a more hydrated and healthier look.
- Moisturize Your Skin – Dry skin looks old and cracked. Not moisturizing will make skin lines and wrinkles more prominent. This also goes back to the drinking water tip. Drinking plenty of water helps your skin stay naturally moisturized.
- Under Eye Concealer – Circle under your eyes are more prominent as we age. Use a concealer to apply a light tone to conceal the darkness under your eyes.
- Sunscreen – Use sunscreen with a high SPF to avoid sun spots or redness.
- Eyelash Curling – Eyelash curling opens up the eyes and makes them seem bigger.
- White Teeth – The whiter your teeth are, the younger you look. Yellow stained teeth signify aging.
- Stop Smoking – It has been proven that smoking cigarettes adds age to your face and your body. If you are still smoking at age 50+, it’s time to let it go. That’s what they make e-cigarettes and nicotine gum for.
- Relax More – Too much stress will cause you to age quicker. Relax, do yoga, stretch, or whatever you have to do to keep from frowning.
- Lose Weight – The healthier you are, the younger you look.
- Exercise More – Improves blood circulation, increases supply of collagen, and lead to weight loss.
- Stop Drinking – Alcohol abuse has been known to accelerate the aging process, in your face, and your eyes.
- Color Your Gray Hair – Gray hair is a sure fire way to let people know you are older. Get a licensed hair stylist to color your hair professionally for the best results. Box color uses cheaper chemicals that will make the hair color look unrealistic. A licensed hair stylist will know exactly what kind of color works best for your specific type of hair.
- Believe – Believe it or not, just believing in your mind that you are younger will actually make you feel that way. Don’t let yourself keep saying “I feel old”, instead, why not try repeating to yourself “I am young”. Do this over and over till you even believe it yourself. Others will take notice!
Budget Fashionista wrote, “Just because you are of a certain age that DOES NOT mean you can’t be stylish. Yes, our youth obsessed culture will have you think that everyone over the age of 30 should either a.) dress like Miley Cyrus or b.) wear horrible mommy jeans and Christmas sweaters. Yes, we know, many trends are geared for the younger generation (very few people over the age of 14 can wear neon leggings), but it’s the seasoned fashionista who can exude real style. If you’ve crossed the 60-year mark and still want to keep it poppin’, here’s some tips on how to do it”.
Stop buying anti-aging products, spend your money on things that make you happy (not look younger), Smile all the time, get your teeth whitened and stay stylish, it never hurts to find out what the in crowd is doing. Also, a great movie you should watch is “The Intern“, it’s great story about a 70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker (Robert De Niro) seizing the opportunity to become a senior intern at an online fashion site. Great Watch!