A strong economy, low cost of living and beautiful weather are all reasons why so many people choose to retire in Arizona.
If you are searching for “best places to retire“, “retire in arizona” or “retiring in arizona pros and cons“, this article will be your guide!
Pro #1: Low Cost Of Living
In addition to a strong economy, Arizona is also more affordable to live in than most other states, according to BestPlaces. Whether you desire to move into a one-bedroom, two-bedroom or even studio apartment, chances are high that you’ll pay less in the state of Arizona. Combine the affordable living costs with the strong economy and job market, and your financial future seems secure.
Pro #2: More Sunny Days Than Anywhere Else
This is an actual fact. The state of Arizona experiences more sunny days than any other state in the country. This information comes directly from the NOAA (The United States National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration). Yes, even the sunshine state of Florida receives less sunlight than Arizona.
Pro #3: Golf Destination
Arizona is a golfer’s paradise. Enjoy the perfect retirement hobby in style when choosing to live in valley of the sun. Premier golf courses are featured all across the state, from Sedona to Tucson. Are you more of a golf fan than player? Well, you are in luck because Scottsdale is also the home of the PGA’s Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Pro #4: Fewer Tax Burdens
Did we mention the low cost of living? The news just keeps getting better as Arizona offers less tax burdens than most other states. Unlike other parts of the U.S., Arizona allows its residents to keep as much of their income as possible. States can collect from citizens in more ways than just through income taxes. These include taxes on alcoholic beverages and gas that a state can use for a variety of purposes.
Pro #5: Beautiful Scenery
Arizona has more than breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. If you are an outdoors lover, this state has some of the best scenic hike options in the world. Sedona is home to the famous red rocks, with beautiful mountains ranges and scenic highways. Enjoy mountains, lakes and unmatched beauty all across the state.
Con #1: Lots Of Tourists
Many retirees are drawn to Arizona because it seems secluded and isolated. While this can be true for parts of the year, there is an increase in tourism during the cooler months. Many “snowbirds” will head to Arizona between October and April. During these months, you will undoubtedly notice an increase in traffic.
Con #2: Hot Weather
While this is obvious, the weather during the summer months can still come as a shock to retirees. The cooler, winter months offer a moderate climate, perfect for outdoor activities, but the summers can feature multiple triple-digit temperature days. If you are looking for an escape from the heat, consider moving further north in the state than the Phoenix valley area. Flagstaff, for instance, averages 82 degrees during July.
Con #3: Higher Crime Rate
Arizona unfortunately features higher crime rates than other states, according to data released by the FBI. Typically, this can cause property taxes to increase, as well. Luckily, there are many top-notch retirement communities that provide a safe environment for retirees.
Memory Care At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016