The Best Foods For Dementia Patients To Eat
Dementia is believed to be caused by a variety of factors, including nutrition and diet. Other health conditions like heart disease and diabetes may also contribute to cognitive decline. Needless to say, dementia patients need to make sure they are eating the most beneficial foods possible. Here is a list of some of the best foods and snacks for dementia patients to eat.
What Foods Are Good For Dementia?
Here are five foods anyone suffering from dementia needs to implement into their diet:
Beans are loaded with potassium, iron, copper, magnesium and zinc. Typically, vegans eat a lot of beans for the high levels of both fiber and protein. Soybeans, chickpeas and kidney beans have the most health benefits overall.
Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans and walnuts are filled with healthy fats, vitamin E, B vitamins and magnesium. All of these have been shown to promote healthy cognition and defend dementia signs. In fact, women aged 70-plus who consume five servings of nuts each week have shown significantly better brain health. English walnuts have also been shown to reduce brain cell inflammation.
Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries all contain a flavonoid called anthocyanin. This helps to stop brain damage from progressing. These berries are also packed with antioxidants, plus a plethora of vitamins that help reduce inflammation.
Spices can be used to spruce up any sort of meal or snack, but they contain numerous benefits related to dementia patients. Cinnamon, sage and cumin help maintain memory and brain health. Some spices even have the ability to eat away at brain plaque.
5. Leafy Greens
Some leafy greens, such as kale, spinach and collard greens are extremely high in essential B vitamins like B9 and folate. These vitamins help to prevent and reduce depression, while also boosting cognition, at the same time. Add leafy greens to soups, chilis and stews instead of just mixing together salads. You can even puree the greens into hummus or sauce.
Assisted Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016