10 Christmas Activities For Seniors
Here are some of the greatest Christmas activities for seniors!
1. Wrap Gifts
Exchanging gifts is a beloved tradition for many friends and family members. Yet, one thing that is an issue with gifts is wrapping them in the first place. Offer to help out friends or family with gift wrapping. Better yet, you can offer to wrap presents together. This is an ideal Christmas activity for seniors since it doesn’t require a lot of energy and fuels one’s creative side at the same time.
2. Put Up Holiday Decorations
There’s nothing more fun than decorating the interior and exterior of the home with holiday decorations. If putting up decorations outdoors is no longer possible, then call the kids and grandkids over for help! You can make a plethora of DIY decorations, including stockings, wreaths and even a gingerbread house.
3. Watch Classic Holiday Movies
It’s hard to find anything that will put you into a festive mood better than some classic holiday films. Gather the whole family for a movie night or watch one film every night leading up to Christmas. Here are some of the best Christmas movies of all time:
- It’s A Wonderful Life (1946)
- Miracle On 34th Street (1947)
- A Christmas Carol (1951)
- Elf (2003)
- A Christmas Story (1983)
4. Play Christmas Games
With the cold weather, now is the perfect time to huddle inside and play some fun holiday games. Try a few of these games:
- Holiday bingo
- Christmas-themed trivia
- Christmas Carol Pictionary
5. See A Light Show
Christmas lights shows can be found anywhere, from state parks to small neighborhoods. Don’t miss out on these annual shows. With the ongoing pandemic, light shows work well for everyone because you can enjoy them from the comfort of your own car.
6. Shop Online For Gifts
This may not be the best time to go Christmas shopping at a crowded mall, especially for seniors. Luckily, though, online gift shopping has never been easier. Surf the web daily to find the perfect gifts for loved ones. Always check for Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals.
7. Bake Christmas Cookies
Get in the holiday spirit by making some signature Christmas cookies. Maybe you can try a new recipe or use an old family recipe for this year’s batch. Regardless, the cookies will never fail to impress.
8. Make A Gingerbread House
Building a gingerbread house is a great way to kick off the holidays. You can get creative while bonding with others during this activity. Being able to munch on some sweets is just another added bonus.
9. Send Greeting Cards
Sending greeting cards is a great way to stay in touch or even reach out to old friends. There’s nothing quite like penning a handwritten and heartfelt note to others. Make sure your address book is up to date before sending out the cards.
10. Create A Family Scrapbook
Print some of your favorite family photos from over the years. Your family members will truly enjoy pulling out this album and scrolling through the photos each and every holiday season.
Assisted Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016