Seniors need to value both comfort and safety when deciding on a new pair of shoes. Here is some of the best footwear for the elderly to prevent falls.
Senior Footwear Necessities
Seniors should know exactly what to look for in a new pair of shoes. Here are a few necessities for your new footwear:
Size: Properly fitting shoes should be the top priority for seniors. Shoes that are too small can cause discomfort, while larger shoes could cause falls. Before making a purchase, try on several different pairs to figure out which ones fit the best.
Weight: Heavy shoes have always been an issue for senior citizens. Falls can occur whenever you have trouble lifting your feet while walking. It’s recommended that the shoe heals be no more than one-inch thick.
Material: A smooth sole can be slippery, so look for shoes with a slip-resistant sole.
Soles: Ensure that the midsoles of the shoes are sturdy. This will help to keep you stable during any movements. Sturdy shoes are more slip-resistant than ones featuring a flexible sole.
Closed Heals: At all times, seniors need to wear shoes with closed heals. Open heal shoes can create balance issues.
5 Best Shoes For Elderly
These are a few of the best shoes for the elderly to wear both indoors and outdoors:
1. New Balance 990
New Balance has long been a brand synonymous with comfort. The 990 shoes are a bit pricey, but they will last a very long time. Senior citizens will undoubtedly enjoy this pair’s great heal stability. There are multiple color options for those prioritizing design.
2. Propet Tasha
Just like the New Balance 990, the Prophet Tasha comes with a high price tag, but an even higher safety approval. Its rubber outsole makes the pair as comfortable as possible. These shoes come with a U-shaped design built into the sole, helping to support natural gait.
3. Sketcher’s Women’s Go Walk
Featuring a cushioned 5Gen midsole, this is one of the most comfortable pairs to wear indoors. A thick rubber sole will provide extra grip, which is ideal for any surface. These shoes will also slip on and off with ease.
4. Prophet Men’s Stability X Strap Sneaker
These shoes are designed specifically for fall prevention. The X Strap Sneaker pairs come complete with a contoured heel stabilizer, rubber outsole and removable footbed.
5. Hush Puppies Men’s Gil
Assisted Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016