On average, a stay in memory care will last between 2-3 years. However, based on several different factors, the length of stay can either increase or decrease.
Typical Length Of Memory Care Stays
Trying to put an exact timeline on a memory care stay can be very difficult for many reasons. While some residents may stay in memory care for only a short period of time, others could spend years in this living arrangement. For example, individuals who receive some sort of at-home care prior to transitioning, tend to spend less than a year in memory care. The average length of stay in 2-3 years, but there are certainly many outliers.
Factors Impacting Memory Care Stay
Typically, length of stay will be influenced by the following factors:
- Type Of Impairment
- Family Support
- Overall Health
When To Enter Memory Care
Closely monitor your older loved ones for the following warning signs:
1. Declining Health
Declining health, especially physical health, can be one of the most obvious signs of Alzheimer’s or dementia. Physical conditions can quickly decline for individuals who forget to take certain medications. Individuals may become thin/frail during this time.
2. Changes In Behavior
While some behavioral changes may not be noticeable, others can be quite jarring to witness. Changes in behavior and motor skills should be monitored closely. Anyone suffering from dementia can become easily confused and/or agitated.
3. Constant Confusion
Constant confusion is a sign of dementia. Even in familiar settings, individuals with dementia can become lost and confused.
Assisted Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for a memory care facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our memory care page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- 5 Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- When To Move From Assisted Living To Memory Care
- How To Retire At 45
- 7 Core Exercises For Seniors
- Independent Living Facilities Near Me
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- Lewy Body Dementia Vs Alzheimer’s
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Golf Exercises For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016