Golf Exercises For Seniors
Golf is a favorite sport for seniors looking for exercise, competition and a little peace and quiet. But, with aging comes lack of flexibility and overall strength. Use this guide to help improve your game with a few simple golf exercises for today’s seniors.
The hips are a crucial asset for golfers. Your hips need to be loose whenever you approach the tee. Make sure to stretch out in the morning before hitting the links.
- Lie flat on your back with your knees in the air and feet planted on the ground.
- Bend at the waste with your torso remaining on the floor.
- Drop both knees to the left side and hold the pose for a good 10-15 seconds.
- Return to the starting pose and repeat the exercise, this time to the right. You’ll notice the difference this stretch can make for your swing.
Back pain, especially when it persists, can be extremely difficult for golfers to endure. Be sure to take care of this issue before heading out on the course. Try a specific back exercise called ‘bridges.’
- This stretch requires you to lie on your back while bending the knees and keeping your feet flat on the ground.
- Have your arms flat on ground.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your shoulders and hands flat on the ground while raising your hips.
- The hips should form a perfect, straight line from your knees all the way to your head.
- Lower yourself back down to the ground, slowly.
- Repeat this motion at least 8-10 times total.
Senior golfers may experience cramping in the quadriceps while out on the links. Here is a way to help avoid that pain.
- Stand with both feet firmly on the ground.
- Use a door or another large, heavy object to help steady yourself.
- Bend one leg and knee while holding it firmly as close to your buttocks as possible. Use the hand on that side to hold your leg in this position.
- Keep the pose for about 10-15 seconds.
- You should definitely feel your quad stretching.
Your legs are vital to the strength you put into your swing on the course. Keep them loose, yet strong at the same time with this easy stretch.
- Sit straight up in a chair, both feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your back straight and slowly raise one leg, keeping it horizontal with the floor.
- Hold for a good 3-5 seconds.
- Repeat this motion with the other leg.
- Do this motion 8-10 times on each side.
Looking for the best clubs for seniors? Click right here.
Independent Living At Desert Winds Retirement In Peoria, Arizona
If you are searching for an independent living facility in Peoria, Arizona, Desert Winds Retirement Community is the facility for you! Travel over to our independent living page to see pictures find out more about our facility, amenities, floor plans and more.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Top 5 Best Dog Breeds For Seniors
- Why Retire In Arizona?
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401k
- 30 Quotations About Getting Old
- Benefits Of Independent Living For Seniors
- Best Cities To Retire In Arizona
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does a Retirement Home Cost?
- How Much Does In-Home Care Cost?
- How Much Does a Nursing Home Cost?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- How Much Does Retirement Cost?
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
- What Age Can You Stop Filing Income Taxes?
- What To Write In A Retirement Card Continued – 110 Quotes
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, Arizona?
- Enjoyable Activities for Seniors
- Happy Retirement Quotes
- Senior Living Peoria
- Common Elderly Health Issues
- What is Arthritis?
- What Are The Benefits Of Assisted Living?
- What is Independent Living?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Independent Living Checklist: What To Ask & What To Look For
- Find Memory Care Facilities In Arizona
- Best Places To Retire In Peoria Arizona
- How To Look Younger At Age 50+
- Restarting Work After Early Retirement
- Things To Do In Peoria AZ Outside Of The Retirement Home
- Checklist for Moving Into A Peoria Assisted Living Facility
- Help With Choosing Assisted Living Communities In Peoria, AZ
- 38 States That Don’t Tax Social Security Benefits 2016