ASSISTED LIVING PEORIA AZ
If you are searching for “assisted living“, “assisted living near me” or “assisted living facilities” in Peoria, Desert Winds Assisted Living can help!
Our assisted living facility is located at 20545 N Lake Pleasant Rd #2577, Peoria, AZ 85382. Call to schedule a tour (623) 322-0600. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, 24 Hours A Day – 7 Days A Week, Tours – Daily 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Desert Winds Retirement Community in the West Valley offers an abundance of activities, flexible amenity packages, several different lifestyles and many floor plans from which to choose. We are a community you will be proud to call home. Offering solutions for all Independent, Assisted Living & Memory Care Residents.
Assisted Living Facility In Peoria, AZ
Desert Winds Retirement Community is a beautiful Assisted Living Community in Peoria, Arizona. Our Retirement Community provides large studio, one-and two-bedroom apartments with ample space for our residents’ furniture, clothing and personal items.
The two-story Assisted Living Building is built around a courtyard that is a focal point for activities and also provides beautiful views from the apartments surrounding this lush garden setting. Gorgeous sunrise, sunset and mountain views are available from all other apartments.
Your Apartment Comes With the Following
Large Floor Plans
Individual AC & Heat
Refrigerator & Microwave
Prior to moving into our Assisted Living Retirement Community a resident is given a complete assessment by our licensed Desert Winds Staff, in order to develop a personal care plan that is unique to him or her. Our a-la-carte menu of services ensures that each resident only pays for what he or she needs, and makes it convenient to alter the plan of care should the resident’s needs change.
Highly qualified, licensed Assisted Living Staff are on hand 24 hours a day to provide loving care, delicious well-balanced meals and a variety of activities to enrich the lives of our residents.
Assisted Living Activities & Amenities
Not sure how you will spend your free time? Look no further…..we have a full monthly calendar of enriched activities planned for you! To Include:
- Three Meals Per Day & Snacks
- All Utilities Including Cable TV
- 24 Hour Staffing
- Daily Tidying of Your Apartment
- Weekly Deep Cleaning of Your Apartment
- Weekly Personal Laundry
- Once A Week Laundering of All Linens
- Maintenance of Your Apartment, Grounds & Common Areas
- A Rich Program of Activities
- An Emergency Call System
- Scheduled Transportation to Appointments or Shopping
Assisted Living Apartments & Floor Plans
We have 3 different floor plan options to choose from including studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom assisted living floor plans.
Is Assisted Living Right For Me?
If you can answer “yes”, then moving into an assisted living facility is for you.
Are your needs or your loved ones needs beyond your own physical capabilities?
Are your health needs or your loved ones health needs becoming too much to handle at home?
Is transportation and getting around getting harder for me?
Do you need on-going medication reminders?
Are you or your loved one in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia?
Assisted living is for seniors who are mobile, required medical attention regularly and need help with daily living tasks such as dressing and bathing.
Download Our Assisted Living Checklist
Click here to check out our Assisted Living Checklist to find out what types questions you should ask community owners while touring facilities. Having a good checklist will ensure that you don’t forget to ask any important questions. Download the Assisted Living Checklist PDF so you can take it with while your touring facilities.
Tour Our Assisted Living Facility In Peoria, AZ
Desert Winds Retirement Community in the West Valley offers an abundance of activities, flexible amenity packages, several different lifestyles and many floor plans from which to choose. We are a community you will be proud to call home. Offering solutions for all Independent, Assisted Living & Memory Care Residents. Schedule a tour of our assisted living facility in Peoria, AZ today by giving us a call at (623) 322-0600.
Assisted Living FAQ
Read our most frequently asked question about assisted living.
What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a long-term care option for seniors who live independently but need assistance with (ADL) Activities of Daily Living. Activities of daily living include things like taking medication, bathing, transportation to and from doctors appointments, dressing and person care.
Assisted living residents are commonly in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia. Once memory symptoms start to get worse, the resident can opt to be moved to memory care.
Assisted living facilities commonly provide programs and activities such as movie nights, arts and crafts, holiday gathers and more. In addition, most assisted living communities usually offer great amenities such as golf courses, fitness centers, tennis courts and more. Read more about “What Is Assisted Living?“
What is Assisted Living vs Nursing Homes?
Assisted living facilities and nursing homes are very similar in that they both focus on the safety, health and happiness of senior individuals who need support with (ADL) activities of daily living.
Similarities Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
- Manage Medication – Both assisted living facilities and nursing homes help with medication management.
- Enriching Activities – Both nursing care centers and assisted living communities offer life enrichment activities to satisfy residents’ spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
- Support Services – Both communities offer supportive services to help with daily tasks like transportation, laundry and housekeeping.
- Safe Environment – Both types of communities offer a secure environment for seniors including grab bars, emergency call systems and more.
- Good Nutrition – Well-balanced meals are a focus of both communities. Residents are typically provided with 3 balanced meals per day and snacks.
Difference Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
- Medical Care – The main difference between assisted living and nursing homes is that assisted living provides help with daily living activities or custodial care vs nursing homes which provide 24 hour care for individuals with serious medical needs.
- Housing Appearance – Nursing homes generally look like an institution vs an assisted living facility which look like an upscale apartment.
- Shared Rooms – Assisted living residents usually have their own suite or apartment vs nursing homes where shared rooms are very common.
- Living Costs – Assisted living facilities cost less than nursing homes if you don’t qualify for Medicare or Medicaid and choose the private pay option.
How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Peoria, AZ?
On average, assisted living costs about $2,948 in Peoria, AZ with average prices ranging from $2,446 to $3,447 according to SeniorLivingServices.
According to PayingForSeniorCare, “Assisted living in the Peoria area costs an average of $3,850 a month, which is slightly higher than the state average.”
Caring.com says, “With an average cost of $2,981 in Peoria, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price.”
According to ChaparralWinds, “The average cost of assisted living in Peoria is $3,297 per month. Average prices range from $960 to $6,700 per month in Arizona“
Learn more about assisted living cost in Peoria.
Assisted Living vs Nursing Home Cost in Peoria, AZ
Assisted living facilities cost around $2,500 to $6,700 per month vs nurshing homes which cost around $6,800 to $7,700 per month. Medicare and Medicaid typically do no cover the cost of an assisted living facility. However, Medicare and Medicaid will cover the cost a nursing if the patient meets the requirements.
Cost of Living in Peoria AZ
The cost of living in Peoria, AZ is 110.5 based on the US average of 100 with the median housing price around $285,000 according to BestPlaces. An amount above 100 means Peoria is more expensive than the US average. A studio costs about $893 per month. A 1 bedroom costs about $1,043 per month. A 2 bedroom costs about $1,288 per month. A 3 bedroom costs about $1,860 per month. A 4 bedroom costs about $2,130 per month.
|City||Median Home Price||AVG Monthly Rent 2 BD|
When Is Assisted Living Needed? What Are The Qualifications?
- The caregivers stress level is increasing
- If the individuals care is beyond your abilities or the health of the individual or caregiver is at risk
- If the individuals current home is unsafe
- If the individual is starting to wander (increased risk of injury and falls)
Independent Living: 480-948-0700 | Assisted Living: 480-948-0600